Thursday, October 6, 2011

Disneyland and CA 2011

For my "family reunion" we decided to make another trip to CA for some more Disneyland fun together!
This is in the car in the parking garage just getting to Disneyland.

I took this picture in the same place just getting to Disneyland for her first time last year. Look at how much she's grown!

Family picture by the famous flower Mickey! Haylie likes to flash a "hang loose" sign in pictures, apparently. ;)

The girls playing in the ball fountain. This entertained them for quite some time!

The longest, hottest line I stood in was waiting to take Haylie to meet Princess Rapunzel. I wish I hadn't wasted the time. Normally the princesses are so sweet and really into their character but this girl didn't seem into it at all. Oh well. Here's the photo that I stood in line forever for.

All the other lines for the rides were so short! I think we waited for about 15-20 minutes at the most. It was the PERFECT time to be there! However, Pirates and the big Screamin' rollercoaster were both closed while we were there so that was a bummer.
Haylie LOVED Dumbo! When we came back down out of the air to get off the ride Haylie signed "more" while asking for "more fly? more fly?". It was so sweet!

My gorgeous girl! Waiting as patiently as an almost 2 year old can for the Peter Pan ride!

Haylie and Shelby took a moment to test out there crazy driving skills.


We watched the amazing World of Color show that night before heading back to the hotel. That was the end of day one at Disneyland!

We spent the next day relaxing on the beach and swimming at the hotel pool!

Taylor is the most darling uncle! He loves his little nieces.

Headed to the water! Jake and Taylor were the only two that got in to play in the waves on their boogie boards.

Haylie and her daddy.

Checking out the "big water"!

Hanging out with grandma and grandpa.

Shelby and Taylor "surfing" the sand. ;)

This is how Shelby and Haylie spent their time. They loved playing in the sand!


The next day was back to Disneyland! We had to grab a picture by the big Mickey Jack-o-lantern since we were there while it was decorated for Halloween!

Haylie and Shelby loved hanging out with Lightning McQueen and Mater!

Shelby decided to acknowledge Haylie quite a few times on this trip! ;) Here they are discussing the water fountains they were about to run through.

This is one of my favorite memories of the trip for some reason. I bought corn on the cob and was munching on it while walking around. While my sister ran to the bathroom I was offering bites to Haylie and asked Shelby if she wanted some too. So, we sat there all taking turns munching some corn on the cob together. It was so cute and fun. I love these girls.
Haylie's pants got wet from the fountains I mentioned in the last picture so I took them off her to dry in the sun so that's why she is hanging out in a diaper in this photo. ;)

We were also able to watch the cutest parade that night that Haylie sat in awe while watching. We stayed there until the park closed, the streets were so empty! Heather and I took this opportunity to run all around pushing our strollers through the empty main street! ;)
The next day was spent relaxing, swimming in the hotel pool again and going out to eat! We had a fun trip!
Then it was time to head home and get back to everyday life!

5 comments:

Tom and Heather said...

You've been blogging like crazy! I LOVE all the new posts! This one is my favorite, of course. You got such cute photos! Thanks for sharing! I love you, sister. You have a cute family.

Candace said...

I am dying over Haylie's hair! She is the cutest little mix of you 2!

dulces said...

Soooo fun! I can't believe how curly her hair is. . .she really is her Daddy's little girl!!!

dulces said...

Sooooo fun!! I can't believe how curly her hair has gotten, unbelievable. She really is her daddy's little girl

EuroScan said...

How did her hair get so curly?? She's getting so big, too--adorable!