Monday, January 16, 2012

Christmas

At our Ward Christmas breakfast.


We flew to Utah on Wednesday and spent time with mine and Jake's parents.
Thursday, more family time, a bit of Christmas shopping and Haylie and I went shopping with my mom that afternoon for some clothes for me! Jake got to play lots of basketball with his brothers, which he loves doing.
Friday is when Heather, Tom and Shelby got into town and we all went to see the Christmas lights at Temple Square. It was quite chilly and a bit crowded but the lights are always so beautiful. I love seeing the temple and the navitity scene out there on the water.
Saturday (Christmas Eve) we spent some time with Jake's grandparents and they got to get to know Haylie a bit better without so much family chaos around. It was great to spend that one on one time with them. Then, that evening was the Taylor Family party. I need to get the pictures from my phone on here eventually of that night. We had delicious food, lots of chatting and laughing, a tie exchange, dessert exchange, cousin gift exchange, cousins in their matching jammies and nightgowns and an all around fun night. Haylie is usually overwhelmed with Taylor gatherings because there are a lot of people around that she isn't too familiar with yet but she was eating up all her time with her cousin friends this night! She loves being with older kids. I'm so grateful for sweet nieces and nephews who are adorable with her and take good care of her. I wish she was able to see them more often and create strong friendships with them. Jake got a new pair of awesome work gloves from his parents, Haylie got a Tinkerbell nightgown and I got a beautiful pair of pink pearl earrings! I looove them!
We then went back to my parent's house to open our Christmas Eve Jammies and go to sleep!
Hanging out with Uncle Tay on Christmas Eve night.

Playing with all the pretty bows!

With Grandma! Haylie's eating a marshmallow here. Grandpa and Uncle Tay got marshmallow guns and were shooting them everywhere and the little girls were running around eating them!

Us before changing into our new Christmas Eve jammies.


This was Haylie Christmas morning. It reminded me of the same way I found her last year only she was sprawled on our bed with us. I can't believe how big she looks in there!
Christmas 2011

Christmas 2010

Climbing the stairs to see what Santa brought us!

Sorry for the red eyes. Haylie LOVES Mater and was excited to have her own Mater pillow. :)

Haylie's new baby doll. She is such a sweetheart and takes good care of her babies and stuffed animals. :)

Rawr! I got some new workout gloves for my BodyCombat class. I love that class!

Haylie decided she wanted a ride on the horsie, too. ;)

We're so spoiled every year!

Haylie got pretend food that you cut in half (they velcro together) and she had a blast with them for the longest time!

I love that Christmas was on a Sunday this year. We were able to attend church with Haylie's Nana, Papa, Aunt Kelly, Aunt Candace, Uncle Judd and cousin Mya! It was great to be in church with them and to hear the beautiful music performed. Their ward had a great choir! We spent some more time at Jake's parent's house and then had a big turkey dinner with my family before heading out to my grandparent's house to see everyone there.
It was such a wonderful, perfect Christmas. We're grateful for the amazing family members we have who love and support us.

No comments: