Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Old Salem/Boone






On saturday, Jake and I drove out west to Boone. We decided to stop in at Old Salem for a little bit to walk around. It was such a cool place and I'm so glad I got to see it! Before leaving, we stocked up on Moravian cookies, rolls, strawberry jam, cheese straws and banana nut bread! We got back in the truck and drove the rest of the way out to Boone to Uncle Mike's house. He showed us around their house and we brought our stuff inside then took off to get some dinner. After dinner, we met up with Penny at ASU for the BANFF Mountain Film Festival! That was soo awesome. They showed films about base jumping, extreme skiing, deep sea rock climbing...it was all good stuff.



Sunday morning, Uncle Mike and Aunt Penny made us breakfast and then we hurried off to make it to church. They have a small branch out there. It was fun to have Mike and Penny there with us. We drove home from church and we all got bundled up for a hike up Hawk's bill. It was a nice hike and a beautiful view at the top!


Jake and I had a great time up in the mountains!

Also, Happy Birthday, Todd!

7 comments:

dulces said...

Fun Stuff! I am sooo glad you are seeing some things before you leave Carolina. Sounds like a perfect weekend to me! Beautiful scenery!

Heather said...

What a fun weekend getaway! Those times with just the two of you are the best.

http://canyonsports.com/ said...

Looks like a great time. Mike and Penny are the best.

Enjoy your trip back across country. I'll be dropping in to see you guys sooner or later.

jt said...

Looks like a great weekend! Glad you are having fun and seeing family.

Candace said...

That sounds so fun! We are going to see you guys soon! Your photos are beautiful too! I love the one of jake on the bridge!

EuroScan said...

How fun! I'm glad you get to see some things before taking off. I really need to get out there myself later this year, hopefully. Enjoy packing up (again) for the trek west!

Shannon said...

Great Pictures, and entertainment! I can't believe you guys move in a week?!
The hike looks amazing!