Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Camping!



Jake and I decided to get out camping this long weekend and we had a great time! We were both worried about the fact that we had no idea where to go but we started driving off towards Shelton and happened to find a really great place! There was a really cool campground in this National Forest that was just perfect. We didn't have any firewood but happened to pass by this dumpy, double-wide trailer where a guy was selling firewood for $20. That worked out nicely! We found an open campsite, set up our tent, got a fire going and got to relax outdoors. Jake got to play with his knife and flint up there! He was pretty happy about that! We were going to make tinfoil dinners but ran out of foil and it was sunday so we couldn't go buy more. Instead, we used that little bit of foil for some veggies and we cooked hotdogs over the fire. It was delicious! And, of course, we had smores! Mm, they were good. As we were finishing eating, it decided to rain! The forecast said that there were chances of rain all weekend. We scrambled to get everything put away and to cover the firewood but, as soon as we did, the rain quit and didn't rain again the whole time! Crazy. Jake and I were so glad to get up in the mountains.

9 comments:

Molly said...

That looks so fun and beautiful! I think I've been camping like, once in my life! Todd and I should plan a trip. Glad you guys had fun! =)

Shannon said...

So fun! I love that Jake got to play "Man vs wild" with his Flint and Knife. The $20 wood looks kinda Spensive!
You two sound like your having so much fun!

Heather said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Shea would love to come up and do some camping.

dulces said...

Glad you two are enjoying your new surroundings! What a great adventure you are on! Keep your journal entries going; they will be priceless. Can't wait to come and see you!!! Love ya. . .

Candace said...

You can't go wrong heading towards Shelton ;) Lame joke I know- It is fun to have visited there so that I kind of know at least what direction you went :)

EuroScan said...

Way to get into the local culture. I was pretty sure the flint/steel trick was coming up when I saw the camping photo. Hey, ask Shea how camping was with Cam, Coop, and him and in my little tent :)

Jane said...

Way to brave the elements. I see more camping trips in your future. Glad you are liking it in WA!

Shannon said...

Hey HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I need your mailing address so i can mail your Birthday Card!
Thanks!!

Jessica said...

hey! thanks for the help! I am finally getting the hang of it!! this is fun! haha. Hope you had a splendid birthday!