Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Our humble home.

Here is our house! These were taken the day we got the keys. What a crazy feeling it was to go into this house and know that it was ours! :)

Here is our little family in our new-to-us house!

Front room. This color of carpet I like to call orange sherbet.

Kitchen. I looove how big it is! I don't even have enough stuff to fill all the cabinets! Guess I better buy more stuff! ;)

The entry and hallway.

Backyard and deck.

Haylie hanging out in her new room! This color carpet I call dusty rose.

Jake's office/ my craft room. Carpet color: Cougar Blue!

Haylie's bathroom.

Master bedroom. Carpet color in here: Seafoam green. yeah.

Master bathroom.

Master walk-in closet.

laundry room/ garage entry.

Garage.

Front.


We got the roof replaced the day we moved in and our new siding is all up so no more brown house and mossy roof!! yippie! The painters should be coming next week. It's like we got a whole new house on the outside!
I'm still working on cleaning EVERYTHING inside. Getting rid of cobwebs and dust, washing walls, disinfecting lightswitches and door handles and both of us working on cleaning the gross blinds. I can't believe people were living in such gross-ness. We can't wait until we can replace the carpets (we're not really diggin' the rainbow of colors that is going on.) and paint the walls. This house is just what we wanted. We are loving fixing it up and making it into our home.
We have lots of extra space now so family and friends are ALWAYS welcome to come stay with us! :)

9 comments:

Candace said...

Wow! I loove it! The outside and deck is especially cool! And a fireplace wow! And the kitchen has nice light through the windows! How cool for you guys! I bet you are over the moon with excitement! Congratulations!

Janiel said...

Love it!! I'm so excited to see it :)
That's funny all the color names you have for the carpet :)

Chels Allred said...

very cute! so much character! i love it! congratulations!!

EuroScan said...

I love your sweet house!! It looks perfect! Can't wait to visit.

Tom and Heather said...

Ahhh! It's beautiful! You guys did good.
I love the deck out back. Let's BBQ when I come out! Yes, it will be November, but Jake can wear a coat...right?

Mike and Julina said...

Congrats on your new house! I LOVE IT! Thanks for the tour in person. I love your big pantry....I just might steal it while you're away in 2 weeks. It's nice to have you just around the block. Welcome to the neighborhood!

Ashley W. said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! So happy you guys got a new house! I wish you the best of luck trying to get it all homey :)

Heather said...

So great! Have fun making it your own and filling it was many happy memories!

Brakell and Will Hinsdale said...

it's so fun having a house to call your own. Congrats!!!