Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Halloween time!

We were invited to a Halloween Progressive Dinner party this year. A group of couples have been putting this party together for the past 6 years! We were excited to have been invited into their group of friends and to be a part of this fun tradition! We had a blast. Jake and I dressed up as cavepeople! This first picture is at the first house we went to for appetizers.

After the first house, we moved to the next house for the main dish which was chicken chili, corn bread and candy corns! I was asked to make the chicken chili and I was so nervous to cook something that I had never made before for that many people! Everyone said it tasted great and like it was supposed to so it was a success! What a relief.


Once dinner was finished, it was time for everyone to meet up at one house for dessert! It was hilarious to see some of the other costumes and so fun to be around all the other couples. They kept us laughing the rest of the night! You can see some more pictures from the night on my friend, Julina's, blog.
I made Jake's costume by hand and all I had to work with was 3 little sewing kits that you get from hotels. Imagine what I'm capable of if I had a sewing machine! ;)

Here's my primary class! They're a handful but they are so fun! We were learning about talents on sunday so I brought my camera to show one of my talents. Each kid got to show off one of their talents for the class. It was a good lesson for that day because they all had the wiggles! It was our primary program last sunday (which went so much better than the practices) and they gave the kids rice krispy treats during sharing time while they watched a movie as their reward for doing well in the program. Well, each kid got TWO rice krispies and were full of sugar by the time we got to class. yikes! They definitely had the wiggles.
My friend, Stephanie, had her baby on thursday! Everything went well with her C-section and her baby boy is healthy! Jake and I visited them on sunday evening at their home. He is only 5 pounds and something ounces.. He's tiny! I got to hold him and feed him and burp him. It made me wish I could be around the new nieces in the family! I'm excited to be in Utah for so long this holiday season!

6 comments:

Candace said...

Jake is that your axel rose wig? That sounds like a fun night- nice job on sewing the costumes! I guess Jake is still Proud to be a Caveman!

EuroScan said...

Nice costumes! Underarmor is really versatile!

Tom and Heather said...

That is SO CUTE! You guys look fabulous. I'm so proud of you, sister - you've got skills! The costume's awesome and I'm craving chicken chili now.

Andrea Marie said...

from Jake - You bet I'm proud to be a Caveman! That wig is a Walmart special "rocker wig" for $5. The UnderArmor never lets me down (because it's really tight).

Heather said...

Fun party and great costumes! You know you'll never get the caveman out of him. Weird.

Mike and Julina said...

I didn't know you made Jake's costume....impressive. I'm so glad you guys came. Thanks for making the chili, it was awesome.