Thursday, May 7, 2009

Baby!

I have been seriously slacking on my blog updates lately. Sorry!

I'm pretty sure everyone knows that Jake and I are going to have a baby so no need to announce it! Here are some fun pictures though from the day we found out! :)

I found out the morning of April 16th, just before I was heading over for a get-together at my friend, Julina's house. I got there and couldn't contain the news! Julina was so excited and we screamed and hugged and jumped around! It was quite a sight, I'm sure. So, all the ladies gave me great ideas on how to tell Jake. I left the breakfast get-together a while later and headed to the dollar store for some decorations! Luckily, Jake and I had planned the day before to have lunch together that day so I knew I didn't have to wait until later that night for him to find out!


Here is a picture of our front room all decorated for him! Pink and blue streamers and balloons and Congrats DADDY on the wall!
In the baby gift bag was the positive pregnancy test! (that first pink line showed up sooo quickly!)

Jake is so excited and has been so sweet and supportive. I love him soo much! He is so amazing. Jake brought me home some beautiful flowers when he came home from work. He said that the mommy deserved a present, too! :)

So, here goes our journey into parenthood! We both would love to have a little girl first but I keep having the feeling that we're going to get a boy! We'll see!

I'm 7 weeks along right now and our due date is set for December 22nd! Our baby could possibly be sharing it's birthday with a cousin, an uncle or a great grandma! We were trying to avoid getting pregnant this month so we didn't have a Christmas baby but the Lord had something else in mind for us! This baby really has come at the perfect time and I feel so much closer to Jake in this new experience!

So far, no throwing up. I feel nauseous when I don't have food in my stomach which is difficult when nothing sounds good! Vicious cycle.

I'll be in Utah in 3 weeks so I hope to see the Taylor's on sunday (the 31st)! We sure do miss our families!! We are way excited for the Taylor Family Reunion at Bear Lake!

11 comments:

Mike and Julina said...

I loved our jumping and screaming together. I am so excited for you and Jake. Let me know if I can do anything for you. You know where to find me.

Heidi said...

Congratulations Andrea!! :) I'm so excited for you guys!

Shannon said...

Yahooooooo!! I love this!

Your whole life will change drastically, and definitely for the better. Your true colors come out when you bring that baby into this world.
You two will be such awesome parents!

P.s. that month is already the craziest month ever, and now it's another birthday! haha
{3 of my little family is in december alone}

Tom and Heather said...

We're so excited! We love you guys. You're going to be great parents. Can't wait to see you (and baby) soon!

Heather said...

We're so excited for you too! Our baby will have a close cousin. So fun.
Darling room decor. I bet Jake was in heaven.

Candace said...

It is rare that a husband will take as great of care of his wife as Jake does for you. Having a baby really brings you closer together and is so fun! It is seriously the best! Congratulations! You guys will be great!

The Hatch Family said...

Andrea! I found you on Savanna "Leavitt"Green's blog. I hope you don't mind, I added you as one of my friends. I hope you and the baby are doing good. And I hope to keep in touch.

-Carrie Hatch "MacKay"
secrethatch.blogspot,com

Potters said...

YAY! I am so excited for you :)

dulces said...

We are soooo excited! Hope to head up there this summer, but for sure will see you the 31st!!!

dulces said...

We are soooo excited! Hope to head up there this summer, but for sure will see you the 31st!!!

Lizzie said...

Congrats! That was a cute idea to tell him :)