Monday, December 10, 2007

Happy Anniversary!

Today is my parent's 24th anniversary! They went out to eat at the Chef's Table on saturday night. I'm so jealous! They have been such amazing parents to me and to my brother and sister. I am especially grateful that they have raised us in the Gospel and been so faithful in the church. My dad was a convert when we was 19. He used to be a big partier and never had much religion in his life until he ran into the missionaries one day. It just so happened that his landlord was having the missionaries over for lunch at the exact time that my dad was going to pay his rent! So, he took the discussions, was baptized and served an 18 month mission in Boston, Mass. He has been a faithful member ever since he joined the church. My mom was raised in the church but wasn't super active considering the fact that her mother was constantly getting married and divorced, sometimes in the temple, sometimes not. So, my mom came back to church just as my dad was about to come home from his mission. They knew each other back in their high school days because my dad was best friends with my mom's boyfriend at the time. My mom was at the airport when my dad came home (along with a bunch of other crazy girls that were hanging all over him) and they began dating after that and were married in the Salt Lake Temple on this day 24 years ago! My parents have been such a strength to me and I appreciate everything that they have ever done for me and our family!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Momma and Papa Garner!

EuroScan said...

Congrats to your mom and dad--they are so cute! And only a week-and-a-half until your own cutie comes home. Yea!

Heather said...

Sweet post, Andie. Congratulations Denise and Dewey!

dulces said...

You have been blessed with terrific parents. .they are great, and to think you will all become part of our family is incredible!