Friday, August 1, 2008

decisions, decisions..

Okay, let me start from the beginning.. A girl just moved into my ward who I actually know from when I lived in Vegas and we know all of the same people and even hung out with the same group of friends a few times wayyy back in the day. We have been hanging out a bit lately since she gets off of work at noon and we both need some social interaction every now and then. She's 6 months pregnant and hates the part time job she is at right now. She has been looking for another job and interviewing at other places so I told her that I would love to take over her job she has now when she finds a new one! It's from 8-12:30 M-F and I would be scanning in files for different companies. Sounds boring and tedious but I love busy work! It would be perfect because it gets me up and going in the mornings but I still have time to come home and clean things up and bake! ;) Buuut, this girl has also mentioned that she would love to have me nanny her little baby boy when she has him in November so she doesn't have to take him to the day care on the military base. That would be so fun but so scary! It may curb my baby hunger or it could make it worse! Right now we live so close to this girl but we aren't going to be in this apartment for much longer and I don't know where we could be moving to. Also, there's the option of taking a photoshop class and improving on my pictures and getting my photography going up here.
There's just soo many options!! I'm going to go after this part time job and see if that falls into place. If not, it's time to try out a different option. I'm not liking all these big decisions. Boo.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

k...so in my own opinion, i would say no on the Nanny position, cause that isn't really going to be good money. and i would jump into your Photography!
It's something that you love and are good at. That part time job wouldn't be too bad either and then from 12 on you can focus on your Photography!

Good luck!!

Heather said...

Enjoy your time before your own kids come. Whatever you do, make sure it's what you want to do and not what someone else wants you to do.

Caleb and Diane said...

I'd say no to the nanny position because I'm sorry but no first time mom will give you any kind of slack when it comes to their first kid. They will always be in your face and expect the best best best from ANYONE that watches their kid. You wouldn't want that to hurt your friends. PLUS I agree with Heather... enjoy you time with your husband and your interest before your own kids come along. Because when they do...everything you do or like/want comes last. Anyway...Good luck! Who's the chick?

dulces said...

The part-time job is the way to go. .It does get you going in the a.m. and helps you meet new people. The money will be better than being a nanny.