Friday, September 12, 2008

finally.

I've been slacking on updating my blog lately! We were in San Francisco all last week and I've been cleaning and getting our apartment back in order all this week. Everything is put away and cleaned up! Whew. Now to finish preparing my primary lesson..

On our trip, we left on monday morning and drove all day and stopped in at the giant Redwoods to camp for the night. The drive was beautiful and the trees were so huge! We were driving next to the ocean and winding through the mountain roads the whole way there. We stopped at the beach to stretch our legs and be out by the ocean. One our way through the Redwoods, almost to our campsite, we came across a huuuge elk! There is a preservation for Elk in the park so these things are able to get quite big! Good thing he didn't step out infront of our car-we would have been squashed for sure! We got to our campsite a little after dark and set up our tent and mattress. There were soooo many stars that you could see out there! I was loving that. I was cold all through the night and didn't sleep well. I think Jake could have had a good night's sleep except I kept waking him up everytime I moved. Sorry, Jake! We got up the next morning and took down camp and headed the rest of the way to San Francisco!
We got there tuesday evening and checked into our room at the Palace Hotel. We planned on walking around the hotel and the area around us after Jake got registered for his business stuff but we crashed. Jake went to business meetings and gatherings the next day while I took my time getting ready, ate a yummy belgian waffle from room service, chatted on the phone with my mom for a bit and then Jake came back to the room with some lunch for me! We ate lunch in our room and then I walked Jake back to his next meeting. I took my camera along with me and went exploring after that. I relaxed by this awesome fountain, walked around the small park, walked the city streets and took a tour of an art school I'll possibly be taking online photography classes from! I have been talking to this school a bit before we went there and they just happened to be a few blocks down from the hotel!



Jake and I took the cable car that night all the way up to Ghirardelli Square where we had dinner and dessert and bought some chocolates from the Ghirardelli store. We hung on to the side of the cable car on the ride up and it felt like we were going to get swiped off by the other cable car or the parked cars on the side of the street! It was quite an adventure.


The next day, I met Jake for lunch by the park area and we got to hang out together for a bit. After Jake went back to work, I headed back to the hotel room so that I could prepare my primary lesson. That night, we got dressed up and went to dinner at Cheesecake Factory. It was so delicious. We were definitely in San Fran because the two guys that were in the elevator with us, then in front of us in line to put your name on the list and then at the table next to ours were holding hands, on a date, together, with each other.


Friday, we packed our stuff in the car and drove the whole 11 hours home. I think it's safe to say that half of our marriage so far has been spent driving in a car for long distances. No more.


Saturday was the BYU vs. U-dub and we had tickets to be there!! We were pretty far up there in the nose-bleeders but we were surrounded by BYU fans so it made it way fun. Our friends Brady and Tracy hooked us up with the tickets and we all rode up together with Brady's BYU car window flag flying on our drive up there. We were sporting our BYU blue and hung out at the Cougar Town rally area a little bit before the game. The game was so intense and so fun. I'm way glad that we went to it!


Well, my primary class is going pretty well. I feel pretty drained after church is over though. I love making activities for them to do. It is hard to get some of them to focus and participate but I don't have any kids that give me major problems. I usually have about 6 kids in there each week. Speaking of my calling, I really should finish preparing my props for it. We're learning about paying our tithing this week!


I think that's it for the updating. I'm sure that I'm forgetting something..
Sorry it's so long! Hopefully I'll keep this updated more often so the entries don't get so long!

6 comments:

Tom and Heather said...

Fun trip! I'm so glad you went along - I think Jake would have been pretty bored without you. Darn work...maybe I should have played hooky and come up to tag along! Sounds like you had so much fun!

Heather said...

How fun to get to go with Jake! San Francisco is a cool place--but super cold! You are lucky to be taking trips with no kids. I can't imagine an 11 hour drive with little ones. Jane can fill you in on those adventures.
I'm sure you're the greatest primary teacher ever. I love that you do so much to prepare. Those kids are lucky.

Caleb and Diane said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun trip. I am so jealous. I wish Caleb and I traveled more sometimes. But then again its good that we are in one spot so I will actually finish school and not put it off. I like the pictures too. But where are all the ones of you guys dressing up?

Shannon said...

I love how you are exploring your surroundings! We did the drive through the redwoods too, and i loved the Oregon Coast, it is so beautiful!
Glad you went with Jake to San Francisco, that is so fun to just hang out while he is in meetings all day!

Great Update, and Great Game!
Loves...

dulces said...

Sounds great! I have never seen the Redwoods. You two are having some incredible experiences; hope you enjoy every minute of them.

Justin and Tiah Popa said...

Oh my!! I didn't know you had a blog!! I love it!!! We are living in Pittsburgh now did you know that?