Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hey Taylor family!

My mom called me a while ago and offered to pay for a flight to Utah to see family for a few days. How could I pass that up, right? So, I'll be flying to Utah late on October 6th (monday) and leaving on the 10th (friday). I'm going to be at Candy and Jerry's wednesday night at, I think, 6:30ish. (I haven't worked out details for sure with Candy. I'll be calling you this week about it, Candy, and to ask you about making Grandma's Chicken!) I would love for as many of you to be there as possible! It's okay if you can't make it, Jake and I will be back for Thanksgiving not too long after that! I hope to see many of you! Especially the beautiful new nieces!
Last tuesday, Jake and I drove up to Auburn and got to go to dinner with Zak! He was up here for a night for business and got to hang out with us for a bit. We ate dinner at Panera Bread-it's kind of like Kneaders-and chatted there for a while. Then we went to get some ice cream at Cold Stone and chatted some more there before dropping Zak back off at his hotel. It was so fun to have him up here! We enjoyed spending so much time with him.
No primary lessons for 3 whole weeks! The primary program is coming up next month for our ward so we're going to be meeting all together to practice during primary time and General Conference is coming up. That means I'm off for 3 weeks! All I have to do is be at practices and make sure my kids are behaving somewhat civilly...
I had a girl in my class that was especially chatty last sunday tell me about her dog that had fleas and then he brought them inside and on and on. (all the while she's itching her legs... ) I'm hoping my class doesn't get infested with fleas..
There's a boy in my class that is one of 5 boys in his family and his response to everything I ask him is "I would punch them in the face". Cute.
Another boy doesn't know how to speak very well. at all. He was telling me all about his picture he drew but all I got out of it was "cookie monster".
I love it! That class is teaching me so much. It's so fun to come up with creative ways to teach the kids in my class and so fun when the participate. I'm really trying to bring the spirit more into our class and focusing on one simple idea to drill into their brains for them to remember.
Well, Jake and I are still enjoying life in Washington! I'm thinking the summer is officially over here. It's getting colder and more overcast. Boo. I hate being cold. But I love wearing cute coats!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Yahoo!! Sounds like a plan.

I love when the little kids tell you all about what is going on in their lives and the parents have no idea. haha
You sound like you are the Cutest primary teacher ever!
We just had our Primary Program and it was so cute, Hayes and Olivia's first one and they were trying so hard to sing the songs, it was so cute!
See you in just a couple of weeks!!

Anonymous said...

With those kids, I'm pretty sure your 3 weeks of no lessons will not be a vacation from anything ;)