Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I love my ward.

I think that having such a great ward has really helped me in being so far away from family. I have made so many new friends here and have felt warmly welcomed. I am so grateful for the ladies in my ward that have reached out to me and showed me that they care. It's so uplifting to see that people have an interest in me and go out of their way to get to know Jake and I both.
We were invited to a Halloween progressive dinner with people from our ward and people from the ward that we were split from before Jake and I moved in. It's a costume party so I've been researching ideas of what we could dress up as! Any ideas?
Jake and I both haven't dressed up for Halloween in years but I'm so excited to get together a costume for us! I need some more creative outlets!
I am way excited to see the Taylor clan in a week! And, yay for Tom not getting into the CIA so that they can still live close to us! I would miss you guys if you were so far away!!
I can't wait for Conference this weekend! I really enjoyed Uchtdorf's talk during the RS Broadcast.
Oh yes, I thought I would share that I made my first not-so-good meal since we've been married. Stupid goulash. It was my own fault. I decided to stay home and watch the RS Broadcast on the internet instead of going to the stake center and being social. I was about to make goulash and realized that my recipe didn't have all the info I needed. My mom and sister were both at the broadcast, where I should have been, too. I couldn't get a hold of either of them to ask my questions so.. I winged it! It turned out okay (meaning it was edible) but it wasn't my best. Jake didn't even want to save the rest for leftovers and he doesn't throw any food away! So sad. I guess that's my punishment for staying home and being a hermit.
On the other hand, I did make some really good cookies that have rolos on the inside! Yum.

6 comments:

jt said...

I make goulash too, and half like it, half don't. The important thing that I see with you, is that you try lots of different recipes and you are developing talents that will benefit your family for many years to come. How great is it to have a mom that cooks good food?

Glad they are taking care of you up there in your ward too.

costume ideas floating around here: pirates, cowboys/indians, ipods, gypsies, graduates, chef, clowns

Heather said...

I've never tried goulash. It doesn't sound like something that would go over well in this family.
I saw a cute halloween outfit where a couple dressed up like Oompa Loompas. It was very clever!

Shannon said...

I love to be a hermit and watch the RS Conference in the comforts of Pj's at home!

I love your ward too, you can just tell it's a great Ward! Welcome to living in the mission field.

I love dressing up!! How about Scooby Doo & Daphne
Checkout www.costumesupercenter.com and go under Couples costumes.

If i knew where my Halloween boxes are in this Rental you could borrow ours!!

Mike and Julina said...

I was wondering where you were Saturday night. You missed a yummy dinner and a to die for dessert but I'm glad you watched the conference on TV. I'm so glad you're going to come to the Halloween Party, it's always a blast. Here's a couple ideas for your costumes...
Mickey and Minnie Mouse
Donnie and Marie
Kermit and Miss Piggy (I've always wanted to do this one but Mike won't)
Mr. and Mr.s Smith
Princess and the Frog
I hope they help.

Candace said...

Did Jake tell you he hasn't dressed up for Halloween in a while? haha! Yeah right Axel Rose!

Anonymous said...

:) Hey now, Wandace! First of all, I was SLASH. Secondly, that was 3-4 years ago, that IS a while! Thirdly, I don't even have my pLeather pants anymore. ;)