Thursday, August 23, 2007

I'm an "aunt"!! My best friend, Diane, just had her baby last night at 9:09!
She named her baby Daisy Pearl Rees and she is 7 lbs 8 oz and 20 inches with lots of hair!
I'm so excited to go see the baby and I'm hoping that I'll be able to see her soon. Diane and her husband live in Cedar City so it's going to be tough to find time inbetween school and work to go visit but I'm hoping to drive down next thursday maybe and stay the night and drive back friday morning in time for work. What a pain but I can't wait to see my new "niece"!
I stayed up way too late last night trying to put down Twilight so I could go to bed but I couldn't stop! That book is seriously addicting. It got quite a reaction when I pulled it out in one of my classes yesterday to read before the class started. Everyone went crazy talking about it! It was hilarious.
Speaking of classes, my first day went fairly well. I only had a few complications. I'm still not officially in my Photo 2 class because there were soo many people that showed up to add the class so I have to wait and hopefully be able to add on monday. I know the professor from taking Photo 1 from him in the Spring and we became good friends so I'm hoping that works to my advantage so I can get in the class before all these other kids! I'm kind of annoyed about some of the people that are actually registered for the class because I found out that some of them aren't even photo majors and are taking the class just because they want to. Grr! So, there are quite a few of us photo majors that actually need this class to be able to take any other higher photo class that can't get into it because people are taking it for fun. Anyways!
The other annoyance from yesterday may require a little more background information..
In the beginning of June, I rolled my car. I totalled it. Sad, sad day. So, I no longer has my cute red car that I got for my 17th birthday. Well, on the windshield of that cute, smashed up little red car is my UVSC parking sticker that I bought at the beginning of the year for $80 so that I could park there all year long. I have tried to get a replacement sticker twice now and I still have had no success. I went in once and they told me I had to bring in my vehicle registration to the parking services way at the east end of campus. Not a big deal. I went in yesterday with my registration only to be asked "do you have a piece of the old sticker or a reciept saying you bought the sticker?" No...shouldn't you have that on record somewhere? So, now I have to either find the reciept saying I bought it, find information that says my car was totalled or go find my smashed car somewhere in Kamas and scrape the sticker off! Lame. Oh, there was one more thing, if I don't have one of those things, I have to pay half of what I originally paid for the sticker as opposed to paying $3 to get a new one. Hm...$40 or $3? A bit of a difference.
Alright, I'm done ranting! Other than those two things, my day went quite well and I'm kind of glad to be back in school.

6 comments:

EuroScan said...

Campus parking STINKS!!! I got booted at UVSC, if that tells you anything. Be sure to post photos of the new baby!

Candace said...

I used to park in the teacher spots everyday just out of spite :)

Candace said...

PS- I told you those books are so addicting

Heather said...

I hate parking police and everything to do with parking. It's the biggest joke associated with college. Good luck!
I finished Eclipse in less than two days if that tells you anything.
Yea for school! Cam and Coop went today for the first time!

Jane said...

Good luck with school. You'll have to share photo tips with the rest of us. Have fun visiting the baby!

Shannon said...

LOVE the new Photos! Super cute one of you, and Super sad one of your Cute car!
Good luck with the Parking ticket and Photo Class.