Wednesday, September 12, 2007

wedding stuff!

Alright, I have to share the story of Jake's ring because it is sooo good! When Jake and I were at Goldsmith Jewelers picking out my ring, Jake looked at the men's wedding bands too. He ended up liking the tungsten ones and picked a very handsome looking ring that he wanted. Price: $400. Ouch. With my family/friends discount it was only going to be $300, quite pricey still. I figured that I would pay that much if it was the one that Jake really wanted! Well, my mom and I went to a bridal show on saturday and I stumbled onto a booth that was showing tungsten rings. I decided to look at them because I was curious to see if they actually had Jake's same ring he wanted. Sure enough, there it was! Next, I was curious to see how much they were selling it for. Just over $200! Sweet. But that isn't even the best part! The guy told me that they were having a show sale and that I could get that ring for $120! I quickly proceeded to pull out my debit card and gave them the address to send the ring to before the guy changed his mind! I got the ring yesterday in the mail and it is soo handsome. It's going to look so good on Jake! I'm so excited that I got such a good deal! Jane, Jake said that you would be proud since you are the discount queen! ;)
Alright, I asked Candace today if she would take the engagement pictures for Jake and I so she'll be doing those for us! I'm way excited for those! Heather is sacrificing her hand to help me address invites and anyone else that wants to help is welcome too! Shannon, word on the street is that you do up-dos? I was hoping you could do my hair for my bridals and the actual wedding day too! Most of my hair will probably be down in curls so it shouldn't be too painful! Everyone keep your eyes peeled for cute, deep purple dresses or skirts or tops.. I was thinking that maybe everyone could get the same cute purple dress if we found a cute one online or anywhere. We're going to have the boys wear matching ties so it would be cute to have the girls match too. Let me know if anyone finds something! I'm not sure what anyone else's wedding expertise is so tell me if there's anything else that you guys would like to help with!
Hm...I think that is all. I feel so demanding so don't take it that way! :) Anywhere anyone can help is greatly appreciated but don't feel obligated! Thanks to you all!!
I know this is last minute but...my mom and I are going to lunch with Candy tomorrow at 11:30 at Mimi's Cafe in Orem if anyone wants to come! I hope to see some of you there if you can make it!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Fun plans! Candace will do an amazing job. Shannon is great with hair, and with Jane, Candace, and Shannon snapping candids and other photos at the reception, you'll have about 439,785 great shots to choose from! I'll work on the dress shopping. I like shopping.
I'll try to make lunch, but it's right in between the boys school schedules! Crazy.

Jane said...

Have fun at lunch-I won't be able to make it ;) Great job on the ring, good deals make me happy too. Sounds like you've got the plans rolling, have fun with it. You will love Heather's handwriting too.

Shannon said...

I would LOVE to do your hair! I do need to practice once before you do your Bridals, so call me!
Your plans are all sounding so good and everythings getting done so fast you could get married next month! hee hee
How did you know Heather had that Perfect Penmanship?! She is perfect for that!
I will keep my eyes peeled for some dresses!

Have fun at lunch!

Candace said...

I still love the shabby apple ballet dress! Their holiday line is coming out in Nov. though. What ties do we need to be looking for for our men?