Monday, September 24, 2007



My mom and I ordered the purple dress to see how it looks in person and how it fits. We got it yesterday and I tried it on last night. It's super cute! If any of you want to see it on in person, let me know before this weekend because we're sending it off to my sister in California. So, that's the dress if everyone is still liking it! I ordered a small and it fit me well so you girls can use that as a "fitting guide". I think the new line comes out November 1st and I don't think it'll be available after then so order them soon in case you need to exchange sizes or anything! I tried it on with black pumps and that looked cute so you can wear whatever kind of black shoes you want!


Next, I need to work on finding the guys' ties. I'm having Jake help me pick those out when he is here for Thanksgiving. I have a feeling that Jake's visits out here are going to be filled with lots of wedding stuff. We're, also, doing our engagement pictures during Thanksgiving weekend...if I'm officially engaged by then and have a pretty ring on my finger.. ;)


Candace and I got to hang out lots this weekend! I haven't done anything with friends is such a long time, it was fun to do something besides hang out at home. Saturday, after I got done with work, I went to Candy and Jerry's house and Candace and I went photographing in the rain! I'm sure it was a funny sight to see. Two girls huddled under an umbrella with their sweatshirt hoods on and cameras hanging around their necks...I wish someone else was there to take a picture of that! It was fun to hang out with Candace and to sit and talk with Candy and Jerry, too! I love hanging out with the family. Plus, I get to hear all the good stories about Jake! ;) On sunday, I went to a fireside at the U of U institute with Candace and Judd. Elder Holland spoke at it! It was such a good fireside and it has made me see Elder Holland differently. I've kind of struggled with him keeping my attention in General Conference and I thought he was kind of dry (that sounds terrible!) but I saw a completely different side of him last night. He was hilarious and I have a greater love and interest in him and his words. I loved how Elder Holland would be talking carelessly and then, suddenly, he would be so intense about a statement he was making. He bore his testimony of so many things last night and I could really feel that he meant every word and that he had no doubts about anything in the gospel. He spoke about President Hinckley and how he is such an amazing man. To hear a man who so closely associates with the prophet speak about him is incredible. I wish that everyone could have been there to hear the words he spoke. The thing that I loved the most was at the end when Elder Holland blessed everyone that was attending the fireside that night. He first spoke to the brethren and blessed them and then to the women. He said that "Women have carried the faithfulness of the church from the beginning." I loved that. It makes me feel so important and want to strive to be better every day! So, thanks to Candace and Judd for inviting me along to be a part of that. And, thanks for feeding me afterwards! I got to eat a lovely, warm bowl of Brunswick stew with a salad and warm cookies right from the oven! They spoiled me. :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get your dresses and ties and don't worry, you'll have something sparkly on your finger by then ;) I like the grapes. Thanks for sharing what you remember from the fireside; wish I was there!

Shannon said...

Cool Pictures! I am going to order the dress ASAP!
I heard Elder Holland's Fireside was Great! He is one of MY Favorite's! (I think it's funny that you said that about him before) I love when he talks so firmly about President Hinckley you can just feel the love he has for him!

Heather said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Candace is a fun sidekick--or I have fun being her sidekick. I"m sure Jake's jealous of the stew and cookies. That sounds good--especially since it was so cold yesterday!
Jake better hurry up with your sparkly bling, in my humble opinion. :)

Jane said...

sounds like you are moving right along. Soup, salad and cool weather, i'm jealous!

Candace said...

I am going to get that dress too. Was the small baggy on you at all? I am wondering if I need a small or a medium. Or lose a few extra poundage and get a small. What do you think I should do since you tried it on?

dulces said...

Your "rainy day pictures" turned out incredible! It is fun to see you and Candace have such a good time together! We are so excited to have you in our family.
Love, Mom Taylor

Heather said...

I ordered my dress and sent a coupon to all the other girls! We'll see how I look in knit. Hmmm. The dress is darling though. I just hope it works in not a small!

♥ÜbRoOkEÜ♥ said...

hi andrea! it's me brookie. i like your blog! you do long good posts. see-ya on thanks giving!

~brookie