Saturday, February 2, 2008

again.

This year has started out to be quite an interesting one so far..
As you all know, my grandma passed away last month. Now, the prophet that I have known and loved and grown up with has passed away, as well. As my mom and I were watching the funeral service for President Hinckley this morning, we received news that my Grandpa Garner had passed away at 11:30 that morning. What a year already! He'll be having a military funeral service to honor his service in the Navy during WWII. He was one of the soldiers that went into Pearl Harbor to clean up after the strike. I don't think he ever got over his prejudice against the Japanese people. My family and I will be traveling down to Cedar City for his funeral sometime next week and then focusing solely on the wedding the week after. So crazy. I wish I had pictures of him on my computer to post. He was a great grandpa and taught me how to always be a hard worker.
I'm ready for all the stress to be done with. I just hope to be done with funerals and stressful events for a while and be able to enjoy being married!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your family has sure been through a lot lately. I wish I could be around to help with something! On the bright side, Grandma Thompson and Grandpa Garner have Pres. Hinckley to help them! How sweet is that?

Candace said...

I am sorry to hear about that Andrea! They are in a better place than we are :)We will keep Family in our thoughts.

Heather said...

I'm sorry too. Jake's right though. I hope this week goes well...and that in 11 sleeps we have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Did I spell Thompson right? I'm not sure. Maybe with a little less "P" in it? ;)

Andrea Marie said...

Thompson is correct. :)
Thanks everyone for your prayers and concern.
I love you all!