Wednesday, February 27, 2008

NC!

It's my mom's birthday today! She flew out here to NC to be with me while Jake is in Washington for his business trip. We have been hanging out here and finding our way around to different places! We haven't been lost once this whole time! I'm really getting to know the area and how to get around. I love it here. It is so beautiful and there are so many trees! My mom and I have had a great time going shopping, eating and going to the movies.
Happy Birthday, Mom!!
Jake flew out to Washington on sunday night and I was so glad that my mom was coming to stay with me the next day. It was scarier than I thought to be here by myself! I really am loving it here, though. We got to go to church on sunday and I met a bunch of people in our ward. Everyone is so nice and welcoming there. The bishop even announced over the pulpit that Jake and I got married and welcomed me to the ward. It was sweet. We got all of my stuff unpacked and moved in and I've been getting little things set up here! I did some kind of deep cleaning on monday before my mom flew in that night. I would have done major deep cleaning but I had to remind myself that we'll only be here for 2 months! I love having my own home to take care of!
I'm sick with a cold now though. :\ I think it's from all the craziness and the traveling on airplanes and kicking up too much gross dust in our apartment while I cleaned. It's not too bad but I want it to be over with soon!
Jake comes home on friday. I don't know what we were thinking in being apart from each other for a whole week right after we got married. Baaaad idea. Luckily I get to go along for the next field visit Jake has in March! We'll be looking for apartments out there. :)
Well, I hope that's enough of an update for everyone! It's so great being married and I love being out here in North Carolina!

6 comments:

jt said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! I'm glad you are liking NC. It is pretty there! Have fun with your mom! Jake will be back before you know it. It's almost Thursday already!

EuroScan said...

Yea! Sounds like great special time with your mom. Only one more sleep til Jake gets home :)

Anonymous said...

Well, goodness! I didn't realize I had so much gross dust in the apartment ;) Shows how much I need you to take care of things!

Heather said...

He does need you.
Happy birthday, Denise! I hope you had fun in NC trying out some new things!
Andrea, wanna come deep clean my house? It really needs some help right now.

Shannon said...

I am so glad your mom is there with you!! That will be so fun, and then Jake will be home so Quick!! Sounds like your loving the Married life, Take some pictures of your new place and Surroundings! I have heard NC is so pretty, but i haven't ever been there.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DENISE!!!

Candace said...

I love the trees too! I am glad you are enjoying it! Another favorite of mine are the lightning bugs!