Thursday, July 17, 2008

visitors


My mom and brother are flying here from Utah this afternoon to stay with us for the weekend! My dad flies in tomorrow evening since he had to work. I'm very excited to have my family here to show them our apartment and where we live! Friday, we got tickets to go see the new Batman movie for Jake's birthday! We are all sooo excited to go see it! Saturday, we are heading up to Seattle to Pike's market to look around, then on a boat tour and finally to the Spaceneedle. We'll probably stop by to show them the temple on the way back home that evening. Sunday, my family is coming to church with us and then I'm cooking "company chicken". It's a recipe that my sister gave me and it sounds really good but I haven't made it yet. Monday, we're just doing whatever during the day and then my family drives up to the airport to fly home at 5. I can't wait to have them here!

Jake and I went with the missionaries last night to meet with the investigating couple that I mentioned before. It was so awesome! I had no idea what to expect since I have never had an opportunity like this before but it was such a great experience. They are both in their 30's and expecting a little baby girl in 2 months. The husband has been raised in the church and even served a mission but fell away after his first marriage fell apart and he got a divorce. His wife doesn't know much about the gospel yet. They are quite cautious about being "rushed" into anything and don't want to commit to much. We invited them to church on sunday and they said they would "try". Hopefully they will come. They're such a cute couple and I hope to see them come to church and change their lives. It was so amazing to hear the testimonies of the missionaries and Jake and feel of the spirit so strongly. I don't know if the investigators felt the spirit as strong as I did but I know that the spirit was there with us. That was such a great experience for me and I'm so grateful to have this missionary opportunity.

P.S. Jake and I have been married for 5 months as of yesterday! (I still haven't run him off!) ;)

6 comments:

Heather said...

Have fun with your family! Let us know how the movie is.

Shannon said...

Way to go on being such Great Examples! The lives you lead will be watched by so many people and you never know how much of an example you were until later!

Have so much fun with your family! Can't wait to hear how it all went!

Caleb and Diane said...

Isn't great when parents come and you can show off your place. You feel so grown up and you want them to see how much you have accomplished and did on your own! It's a great feeling!

Sounds like the missionary thing is going well. Lucky. I have never had an experience like that before. Your one of the few members that I think get that chance. I hope it all goes well and they come to church on sunday!

Wish Jake a Happy Birthday from us!

Also happy five month!!

Tom and Heather said...

Jake gets our family for his birthday? Man, what did he do to deserve that? Ha, ha, I hope you guys have a great time. I can't wait to hear all about it! Oh, and by the way, company chicken is reeeally good. Great choice!

jt said...

Sounds like you will have a great weekend! Those Taylor boys love their super heroes!

Post the recipe for the chicken if it turns out to be a keeper!

Anonymous said...

We Taylor boys find that we relate best to those with super-human abilities. ;)